Sunday, July 24, 2011

America’s Next Great Franchise Idea



I checked online for info regarding the 2nd season of NBC’s – “America’s Next Great Restaurant,” and unfortunately, it’s cancelled.  Given my enthusiasm for the restaurant business, this show quickly became part of my Sunday night routine – sandwiched between “60 minutes” and “Celebrity Apprentice” (don’t judge me.  The general public didn’t enjoy the show as much as I did and sadly brought lower ratings each week. 

For those of you who missed it, the show took 21 people with a concept for a fast/casual restaurant and put them through different trials, eventually eliminating the competition down to a lone survivor.  The finalist won the grand prize of having investors open the restaurant in 3 locations: Los Angeles, New York, and Minneapolis.  They wound up choosing a restaurant concept for southern food (or soul food)  – called Soul Daddy.

This show got me brainstorming about what the next great franchise in America will be.  In the last few years we’ve seen franchises like Chipotle Mexican Grill, Panera Bread, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Starbucks take over the country, but what’s missing? 

I see more people going to higher end, organic and healthier food options.  I think more people care about eating healthy, but won’t sacrifice good taste, and they want their food fast, and a great ambiance at the same time.  We are tough to please - we want it all and then some.  So what’s your idea?  E-mail me at tmsamurai42@gmail.com, I’d enjoy hearing your ideas and I’ll post your ideas on my blog.       

No comments:

Post a Comment